View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Bigslick789 owned me bad.

Yeah, well that's the point you don't know that he's re-raising with 78o. But he knew you were trying to resteal with a crappy hand that his play isn't a fold 99.9% of the time. In this case the cards don't even matter.
You said it best : He owned you bad.
You even had a dead on read on him and you didn't consider putting him on a range of hands or consider a call (Which is almost impossible to make but it was the correct play instead of the proper play that you made).
I don't disagree with your play, I disagree with your logic after his all-in play.("My calling range, is probably AQ, AK, 99+. It might be a little looser though")
I think with your read QJ, JT K9 are good enough.

Also, I disagree with the way you play according to your opponent. If he's a donkey you want to see a flop and if he's better than you than you want to stop playing or making moves post-flop. I don't care if I'm sitting at a table with Phil Ivey, Dan Harrington, Gus Hanson to my left and guys like Strassa and Gigabet at the table. Yeah, I'm way overmatch that they might get me to fold the 3rd nuts against 6 high. At least I would of played my game and learned from the beatting I got. Which is the most valuable play in poker. Learning from the beats others put on you.

Sorry if I take the tone, but it's just what I feel like saying. Plus I really don't care for this forum anymore and the only thing I will read is : Play a hand with the masters or a post from strassa.

Have a nice day.