View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: 2005 Microquests Thread -- Post Your Progress, Setbacks

My story's a lot like yours. I probably lost 5 $50 deposits at Party last year. Got serious in January, 'starting over' at Paradise for $100 playing .25/.5, then .5/1, then 1/2, and now 2/4.
2/4 has greeted me with a 75 BB downswing after 3k hands. Some veterans wouldn't even consider that a downswing, but the real $ value kina means a lot to me, and I'm pissed off about dropping $300 like it's nothing even though I still have 325BB's in my B/R. I get easily frustrated when every session I'm either a marginal winner at a tight table, or a big loser at a juicy table full of fish that my cards will not let me take advantage of. Yeah it's a ridiculously small sample size, but I don't have that much time to play, and who is to say those same fish will be there for me to take their $ when I'm not running bad 50k hands from now?

Am I paranoid? I don't know why I'm so impatient about getting to 3/6 and 5/10. I have to remind myself it was only a few short months ago that I considered 2/4 to be the promise land, and I'm there now. My goal by the end of the year is to be beating 2/4 enough so that I can withdrawl enough to take a vacation and still have a comfortable B/R for the game.