View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: King Yao \"Weighing the Odds\"

[ QUOTE ]
king yao, i've read parts of your book and will be purchasing it shortly.

the one thing i would point out to detractors is that you have alot of shorthanded content in your book, and i believe that SSHE has none and HEFAP is more focused on heads-up and personally i think HEFAP's stuff relates to very high level play and/or the way poker was played before all the aggressive players (including the few good ones).

i have very much enjoyed the stuff i've read.

if someone wanted to make a generic point, the market is awash with poker books and to suggest the book should be mostly unique is unrealistic. i think if you can get 3-4 good "new" ideas (or really pounded home a point) from the book, then it's incredibly worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually reading it right now. I bought it a few weeks ago but got sidetracked by HOH v's 1-2. Here is my take so far.

I'm tired of reading SSHE. Ive read it 4 times. I need a new way of looking at the same material to improve my game. Thats why I bought Weighing the Odds (WTOIH). I have seen some new ideas already and am only 65 pages into the book (although I have flipped around as well).

The book is bound to have some similar structure to SSHE and HEFAP since it is only logical to start at the preflop hand selection and move forward in order.

Take it for what its worth but these days there are so many poker books with bad weak tight advice out there that any book that gives a proper strategy and solid advice is a good one in my thinking.

Ill post a full review when Im done.

Greg