Thread: Did I cheat?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Did I cheat?

At my local B&M there is a an old lady who is much awaited in the 6/12 games. Very bad player, will call you down with any pair.

She sat on my left and after a while I realized I could see her cards. Normally I would have said something, but for some inexplicable reason I didn't. Instead I started to check her cards every chance I could get. I don't bring sunglasses to the table.

Finally a good player on my right called out, "Elaine" (not her real name) "protect your cards, you've played long enough to know that". She shot back some smart ass comment, and I turned beet red.

Afterwards the guy said to me, sorry man, but it wasn't fair for me to get free information the rest of the table wasn't privy to. The morale of my story is, he was right, and I ended up looking like an ass. I haven't seen the guy since, but when I do, I'm going to probably turn red all over again from embarrasment.

I didn't need to see her cards to win at that game and I'd be pissed if other players were seeing her cards and I wasn't. I don't want a reputation as an angle shooter. People who say they'd always use this information are getting too close to that line. I'll always give someone a warning first, unless they are complete a-holes.

P.S. raise the flop, and bet bigger on the turn, and read TOP. You are charging him for his draw, and I can't see him laying it down, even if you laid your cards face up on the table. With a bigger pot you might have gotten an all-in on the river out of him.