View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: PL25 - T4 on TTJ42 board. Correct riverbet?

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn, not pot it but around a half pot to two thirds pot bet would seem appropriate. you can continue to get value of around a $7 bet on the turn and another value bet on the river.

"It would feel so [censored] to bet half pot and get called by a naked ten, the T2-boat, a flush or an overpair, besides, if I bet half the pot, I’m committed to call any raises anyway."

umm, i doubt these hands are calling a full pot. your logic is backward. half pot for value so hands like this actually call you. if better hands stack you, so be it, nobody has given reason for you to believe that your hand is second best, so continue extracting value.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet 7 on turn, that means all-in for one of the players and that the other player has 5 dollars left or so. So extracting value on the river will mean basically the same as checking turn and potting river. I've seen so many sick calls on PLO25 - a few nights ago someone called me with 886xr on a JT9 twoflush board (he potted, i re-potted all-in), I've seen numerous all-in calls (not raises) w/ as little as straights on three-flushed and/or paired boards.

I'd assume the average fish to call with all tens, of course all boats, and maybe the nut flush or something like that. Besides, by just checking turn, in the opponents minds (if they think the way I assume they think) it means that I don't even hade the ten. After all, I HAVE TRIPS OMFG I GOT TO BET seems to be the most common mentality [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd like your line a lot with full stacks, or with deeper stacks. But, I don't feel that betting 7 on the turn will accomplish something that checking turn and potting river won't. I feel that the same crappy hands call me, as well as the hands that beat me.