View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:38 PM

Default PL25 - T4 on TTJ42 board. Correct riverbet?

I have no real reads, because it's the third hand at the table, though I assume the two players I'm up against are fish:

1) They are sitting with much less than the full buy-in - I have trouble seeing anyone good at PLO doing that.
2) It's PLO25. These tables are full of fish. Unless other factors (ie reads) indicate a players non-fishyness, I assume they are fish.

Anyway. So much for reads. It's my third hand at the table and I'm stuck a massive 25 cents - one freaking big blind - so you could say I'm on tilt or something.

Anyway - now to the hand:

Game takes place at PokerStars.

Table 'Muschi' Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: andkan ($24.75 in chips)
Seat 3: MikkelSune ($9.70 in chips)
Seat 4: ROONEY_DIVES ($4.90 in chips)
Seat 5: xxxKirill ($7.75 in chips)
Seat 6: golfjudy ($11.25 in chips)
Seat 7: rudnils ($28.85 in chips)
Seat 8: Butch1221 ($15 in chips)
rudnils: posts small blind $0.10
Butch1221: posts big blind $0.25
Scrub832: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to andkan [Ah 5h 4s Th]
andkan: calls $0.25
MikkelSune: calls $0.25
ROONEY_DIVES: calls $0.25
xxxKirill: calls $0.25
golfjudy: raises $0.25 to $0.50
rudnils: folds
Butch1221: calls $0.25
andkan: calls $0.25
MikkelSune: calls $0.25
ROONEY_DIVES: calls $0.25
xxxKirill: calls $0.25

Okay – this is a loose call and I know it. Against better players and/or with deeper stacks, I might fold this. But c’mon, this is PLO25 – people make the sickest (read: dumbest) calls. I can get away cheaply on bad flops, and make a lot of dough on good ones. My opponents often don’t have that ability, therefore loose preflop play. And, when I’m min-raised, I almost start to cry, because I’ll be forced to play a big pot OOP with a crap hand. Or something like that.

*** FLOP *** [Ts Tc Js]

Okay – this flop is either very good for me, or it totally and utterly sucks and has me drawing to three outs, or, worst case scenario – dead (if someone has JJ and someone else is blocking my ten).

Butch1221: checks
andkan: bets $2.95

After it gets checked to me i bet the pot – pretty standard play so far with trips/top kicker. If I’m raised, I don’t know what I’ll do. If it’s the preflop raiser with the short stack, I’ll insta-call. If it’s some other person, I’ll have a think and make a decision that will most likely be based on stack sizes. And probably call, cursing myself when he flips JJ at the river.

MikkelSune: folds
ROONEY_DIVES: folds
xxxKirill: folds
golfjudy: calls $2.95
Butch1221: calls $2.95

Okay – so both call. Is someone slowplaying the dreaded JJ on me? Or am I ahead? Or does someone hold JT? So many questions. So little time. So few answers.

*** TURN *** [Ts Tc Js] [4d]

Well – this is either the single best of the single worst card that could come.

andkan: checks

After Butch checks, I’m thinking I’m in the lead. I have however seen fish slowplay good hands on two streets, so I decide to take it easy and check. The preflop raiser doesn’t concern me as much as Butch, because the preflop raisers range should include hands like AA/KK and the like. However – if Butch is slowplaying a boat, I do not want to committ just yet.

golfjudy: checks
*** RIVER *** [Ts Tc Js 4d] [2s]

Okay – even a fish wouldn’t check the nuts thrice, would he? I also appreciate the three-flush coming, as fish tend to call down big bets with flushes on paired boards. However, there is still the risk of me being beat. I think a bit. Then decide that it would be weak-tight not to bet. Then, I try to decide on the bet amount. The pott is 11.40, Butch has a few cents more than that, the other fish has around 8 bucks.

andkan: bets $11.40

It would feel so [censored] to bet half pot and get called by a naked ten, the T2-boat, a flush or an overpair, besides, if I bet half the pot, I’m committed to call any raises anyway. Therefore I bet full pot.

So. Now my questions:

1) How do you like my line in this hand?
2) Is my thought process way off? Haven’t been grinding out lowlimit on the net for quite a while, and this hand had me questioning my thinking.

Results will follow after some discussion. I generally don’t like posting them right away, because that tends to make the following discussion biased.