View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Losing value or prudence??

[ QUOTE ]
He got passive - why would he have something good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...I guess I didn't put it in the OP as part of the read, which is dumb on my part, because I didn't give you guys all the info I had, and it's a pet peeve of many posters here who make a post, give a read, and then give a better or more complete read later in the thread....But--

He's a preflop maniac, but he wasn't an idiot. If he faced resistance, he would shut down smartly. He didn't really overplay anything that I saw.

To answer a couple comments here: I don't like raising guys like this preflop. When you let them keep the betting impetus, they will think you are weak and fire one and two barrels at you. Also, guy overbet the flop...no sense in raising him there, IMO. Once he bet the turn, even though he slowed down, I am still WA/WB...There a raise might have been in order.

The river I need to bet like most of you said, even though IMO it's just a notch above thin. Just got to take things at face value until shown differently. He probably would have bet any full house, and so I'm probably good...So thanks all for the comments.

He held A7o and MHIG.