View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Flush draw and Pair on the Flop...Villian Pushes

My logic with this type of hand is if you're willing to stack off, just do it. If your opponent calls and turn blanks you just end up putting money in with bad odds. If it goes check/check on a turn blank you can find yourself in a tough situation on the river when your opponent bets out and you gotta decide if it's a missed draw bluff or he was hoping to checkraise you on the turn and is betting for value.

Either make a normal pot sized-raise and plan on getting away from this when you miss faced with a decent sized bet or overbet push yourself and take the extra fold equity. I choose between these actions based on my image and my opponents (whichever will get me the best fold equity, some players see overbet push as a sign of a bluff/semi-bluff, others as extreme strength).

EDIT: I just realized your raise was a 3-bet not a raise.. in this case I'd call and get away when you miss or again push. In general I like pushing OOP and pot raising in position, so this is a push or call for me.