View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Stud HI hand.

Either you were doing really well in this game or you subscribe to the same buy-in theory as Carlos.

I don't think the third-street call is awful, but as others have pointed out, folding is probably better. There are probably two Queens gone, as well as the Jack, and having a couple of Tens gone doesn't help your cause, either.

I would just call on fourth. A couple of your straight cards are gone. Your raise should tend to knock people out when you'd probably be best served by keeping them in. That said, you did succeed in getting everyone to call a cap. Even with a couple of your cards gone, you probably have enough equity to make this worthwhile. You were in this game and we weren't. If you were thinking, "I can probably get a five-way cap here," then more power to you.

I gleefully cap fifth and sixth as well. If seat 8 is the tricky sort who might just call along with a full house, you have to exercise some caution. Definitely bet the river, but when the other guy raises, you can only call.