View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Foxwoods $100 MTT - going broke in level 1 w/ TPTK

Am I OK here? Or was this stupid? Not sure if I can get away from this.

Level 1: Blinds 25/25
Starting stacks are 2000

Villain has JUST sat down 15min late, so no read whatsoever.

From UTG+1 Villain raises to 125
I call from the Button w/ AQo, blinds fold.

Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks, I check.

When Villain checked here I figured there were 2 possibilities. He didn't like the flop (AK, TT-66), or the flop hit him well (QQ/JJ). When I checked I wanted him to bet the turn and I felt that I would be able to better determine what he had by his turn bet. If he bet large he would prolly be attacking the weakness I showed & try to take the pot. If he bet small, it would mean he was trying to make at least SOMETHING off his monster.

Well. . . the turn comes as the 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bet 400 into a pot of 300. It looked like a bet that didn't want a call, since I checked behind & showed no interest on the flop. I decided here that I had the best hand, but the board was getting scary & there were a lot of river cards that I didn't want to see, so I decided to try to take the pot down right here & raised to 900. Villain pushed and at this point I only had about 850 left (villain covered me barely). I could see him making this move with TT & the oesd, or AcKc/AsKs, or KQ. Of course he could also have the monsters I mentioned before. I never really put him on AA/KK due to the 5x BB raise PF.
I begrudgingly made the call.

Results in white:
<font color="white">
Villain shows QJo &amp; the river brings no help for me. I never put him on QJo, that surprized me. </font>

Anyone else do this differently?
Anyone else fold PF here?