View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: 10/20 TT Calldown

Shant, I thought you played this hand really well. Any time you 3 bet preflop with a hand like TT and a solid player caps you out of position and you get a nice flop(no ace or King), I think the best line is to just call down unless an Ace or King hits. I think raising on any street will just cost you more money in the long run than all the possible money you can make from this play when you happen to have the best hand.
Now on the interesting part of your hand...The river. There are two things that are horrible about this river.
1) The obvious, AK just got there, the one hand you were hoping the villain had.
2) The villain bet this river.

You are getting 8.75-1 to call here, and the question you must ask yourself before you put more money in the middle is what is the likely range of the vaillin? Is it the typical JJ-AA,AK range. (This is the range I usually put a solid player on when he opens from the CO and I 3 bet him on the button, and he caps). If so then fold. But if you think the villain is capable of capping OOP with AQ or 99 or some other BS than you have the odds to call.

I personally would probably fold to this bad river card, as I think given the villain's stats, I dont see him as the type of guy that would cap AQ or 99 OOP, and given his low postflop aggression I also think he may check this river if he didnt like this card.