View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Party 0.5-1: I botched the river, now what?

Playing some micro-limit Party.

Here are the notes I had taken on the villain:

Kxo utg,A9o utg,limps heavy (AKo),overdefends (A3o SB)
VALUE BET THIS MAN
calls down w/bp+gk on super-coordinated board>

The first line are things I saw him do preflop. The all-caps line is a directive to myself regarding what to do about this player. The last line is the one out of the ordinary thing I saw him do postflop.

Here is the hand:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, Hero ???

Now what? And would you bet the river in the first place?

Final Pot: 14 BB