Thread: culinary school
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 02:45 PM

Default culinary school

I play poker, but since I only play about 25 hours a week or so I have a lot of time to do other things as well. Right now I'm traveling in Costa Rica and taking spanish classes during the days.

When I go back to the states (in a few months, years, not sure) I'm toying with the idea of going to culinary school. Not because I want a career in the food industry (it's not entirely out of the question), but because I think pursuing it would be enjoyable.

My background:
I'm 25 years old, and I have a couple of degrees from good schools which I don't use. I've never had any experience in the food industry whatsoever, and no formal training. I've always loved cooking, however, and have an appreciation for good food. In the long term future I'm hoping to find a way to use my money to replace my dependance on poker, and owning a restaurant is one of my pipe dreams.

What kind of school would accept me? What kind of school should I be looking for? What kind of prices should I expect to pay? What kind of people would I be taking classes with?

Appreciate anyone with any experience or knowledge in this area who want to sharing their advice with me.