View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: New to 6-max and I have a few questions...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm liking 6-max a lot better than ring, at least for the limits I'm playing at, because when I was playing ring, I was having a lot of trouble knocking people out of the pot. I was starting to get frustrated when 4 people would stay till the river and catch something to beat me. So far, from what I've played in 6-max because it's easier to get people out of the pot and make it heads up, so I can outplay them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This mentality, I think, is going to lead you to problems whether you play 6-max or full ring. Knocking people out of the pot is not necessarily a good goal for a poker player. The goal is to adjust your play to take advantage of someone else's mistakes. I thank the poker gods every day when four people cold-call my raise with AA, because I know that in the longrun it's going to be a very profitable action for me. So what if my KK gets cracked twice a session by donks calling down to the river? These are the same people padding the pot with bets when they hit bottom pair and don't improve.

If you really think you want to play on tables with better players, hit up a 2+2 table sometime. I think you'll find it much harder to make money there.