View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: How strong to play this PF?

Regarding the table dynamics, since it is clear this will be a headsup pot with the action, only the read if any of the opponent is pertinent. And reraising with hands like 4 to a straight hands, should only remotely be comtemplated with both players having very deep stacks, the idea being to tie the opponent with AA into the pot while still having lots to win and being able to make a significant raise on the flop, thus keeping him from just being able to set himself in, forcing you to make a hand and also not be able to make any more if you do. Thus you want the possibility of big implied odds to make those moves preflop.

Regarding the LAG, when I said I would sometimes make an exception and put in another raise preflop, I mean if he is a total LAG who is going to chase to the river with anything. In that case with KK and very good sidecards I might reraise so as to be able to either set myself or call myself allin on the flop and just see 5 board cards. However, recognizing that LAGs are most prone to overplay any hand with a suited ace, regardless of the sidecards, then a KK hand with an A for a sidecard would be a much superior hand with which to make this play.

And as far as min-reraising a weak-tight, that would be a horrible mistake. He can only have AA and you don't want to let the pot be so big that he can bet himself allin on the flop. Since he is W/T you can make him lay AA down with the right board that misses his sidecards, even on a near total miss for you as well. So you want to preserve that leverage.