Thread: My typical day
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: My typical day

[ QUOTE ]
If I said I put kid in daycare for a job, no problem. Playing poker, oh my god. Even ppl on this board feel this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't feel that way...putting this child in daycare full time and letting him be raised by strangers is borderline child abuse, IMO, regardless of the job. I know "everyone" does it. "Everyone" is wrong.

If you were a single mom or something, ok. But your husband has a college education, you could live fine on what he makes. If you say you can't I say BS. You simply choose lifestyle over staying home and raising your kid, as most people do, which is wrong.

Maybe you can't live in the same size house and drive the same cars and maybe you'd have to cook at home and go out to eat less, etc. but it can be done.

You will never get this time back with your son. He needs his mother. There are plenty of ways he can get to play with other kids without being in full time daycare, that is a pathetic cop-out.

My wife never worked a day from the time she got pregnant until my son started 1st grade. But she's never at work while he's home. And no I didn't make great money at the time. We made a decision to cut our lifestyle and live on one income.

I would work 3 jobs if I had to to keep him out of daycare.