View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Theoretical: you know opponents hole cards on flop

[ QUOTE ]
I'd play passively. I'd see most flops. I'd fold if I were drawing almost dead, like holding A4 against AK, or if I were a huge underdog, like 72o against AA. I'd fold a few more hands after the flop, a few more after the turn, but I'd probably see 30% of the river cards.

Assuming this game is 10 handed, I figure to have the best hand 10% of the time if everyone stays in. I will fold very few of my winning hands, while other people will fold a lot, so I expect to win about 20% of the hands. A lot of these will be big pots, because I'll know that I have it won, while the other player will think there's no way I could know that. I'll put in a fair amount of money in the 80% I lose, but I should still be well ahead.

To the other players, I will look like a calling station. I'll almost never raise, and I'll call far too often. I'll seem lucky in that I often start with terrible hands that hit the flop, or weak hands that suck it out on the river, or win with marginal hands against players representing very strong hands. It will take a long time for good players to start staying away from me, a lot of calling stations get runs of luck, and no one will be scared when I call because I so often fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost never raise? c'mon you'd be raising for value and you'd be raising to protect hands a fair amount of the time.

I also think you'd be folding more than you say. You don't see the cards PF so on the flop, turn, and river you can see a lot of board cards that would cause you to throw away your hand.