View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 02:34 PM

Default Re: How to overplay AK

[ QUOTE ]
With no pair, why not get to showdown a little cheaper than you did? Against a maniac with your hand, put some bets in on the flop, but turn and river raises???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jason,

I decided to raise the turn in hopes of getting a free showdown with a slight chance of getting him to laydown his hand as well. If I'm going to call his bets on the river and turn, I figured it was most likely going to cost me the same two bets with a slight chance of winning right there.
I was wrong, but thats the way it goes when you decide your going to play your hand strong all the way through against certain players. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

On the river I decided his bet meant he missed his draw, and there was a better than average chance I could get an extra bet out of him with a worse Ace or get him to lay down a slightly better hand. It was the combined chance of those two occurences against this particular opponent that made me pop it one more time. My normal line of play would usually be to just call the river, but I find my hand is good here alot more often than not. Just calling still may have been the best choice, but I wouldn't have anything fun to talk about if I did. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]