View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Would you kill a man who\'s robbing you? (long)

I don't think there's many guys who couldn't be on top of you before you had a drawer open and a gun in your hand, much less one pointed at him. If you're reaching off the side of the bed, you're going to be turned away from him with the gun not even pointing at him if you get it. Your body will be unstable too, if you start off just lying on your bed, with nothing but momentum holding you up, unless you swing your legs off the bed first to stabilize yourself. Hopefully you've been working those Six Minute Abs tapes.

Basically I think you'd have to be a very good distance from the guy not to have him on top of you. Heck, if I thought a guy was going to pull a gun out on me -- and what else would he think? -- I'd jump on him and be landing really hard in a second or so. With my knife. Maybe landing at the same time I do.

Definitely reaching for a gun when your life is not in danger, unless you think he's going to kill you anyway, is not something I'd want to take a chance at.

If he wanted to tie me up, it might be different. That's more what sick bastards and deviates do than someone who wants to grab yout t.v., loose cash, and jewelry and run out the door.