View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Internet account security interview with Lee Jones

Ok guys.. why should party be responsible for where you log from? I can see neteller getting a little sketchy about someone who obviously lives in say, Europe suddenly logging in from China, neteller is basically a bank. Why should party care?

As long as their database is secure I should be able to log in from wherever I am in the world and not have a problem.

A good option here is to allow any account holder to "lock down" their account to a certain location if they desire. Then, if it moves it gets tempbanned until a phone call/birthdate/mother's maiden name is completed.

This would probably be a pretty big PITA for the poker sites. What's a better solution? I'm thinking some sort of biometric signature would be easier for everyone, although the users would have to buy a fingerprint scanner and the poker sites would have to buy and write some software to pull it off. If you're worried about a simple password security protecting your thousands of dollars it may be worth it though... what's $75, right?