View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: December VIP offers

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing was when the rep said if I doubled my offer, my bonus would not necessarily double as the formulas are determined by the marketing group, whomever they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know lots of folks here think it's fun to bash Party for a lot of the seemingly stupid things they do (you're not in any way doing this - I'm just using your quote as an introduction for my soapbox), but I tend to think that in a business this size, they tend to have reasonably good people who know what they're doing and are doing things that are good for the business but that look a bit silly to those of us on the outside.

However, I must admit that I am beginning to drift to the analogy of the "it's rigged" view with regard to Party's management by thinking that "the marketing group" really is a group of drooling idiots. This program, as viewed from a player's perspective, is very poorly run -- labor intensive without the cooresponding benefits one would expect for the business by investing all this labor, and communicated in a way that is confusing at best and outright contradictory at less than worst. The only explanation for the interminable delays and incompetence that makes any sense to mme is that Party is watching revenue numbers very closely on a daily basis and is trying to play with 6 different levers as the month wears on in order to spend the least but still hit the top-line numbers (i.e., Santa pack, football thingy, reload bonuses, VIP program, etc.) Just seems to be very poorly run.