View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: $55 party heads up play

[ QUOTE ]
I ususally do explain my decisions, but I felt no need to explain this one. It's awful. Shorty is getting to the point where his range of calling hands is huge. You have him on the ropes. Why let him back in the game pushing 75 (or 32o in your example) ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because shorty's calling range should be huge, doesn't mean that it is. They need to be calling with Tx or something like it to make this move -EV. And by x I don't just mean 9 or 8. I'd venture to say that the average villain doesn't even call with 50% of their hands here, which clearly makes this a profitable push with 32o. Of course this depends on the situation and the villain, and it is sometimes correct to fold 32o. But pushing should be the default here, and you should need a good reason to fold if you do IMO.

I'm not certain what part of this you disagree with. The calling ranges I assume or the "math" part.

Edit: You still didn't really explain your decision, you just said "pushing is -ev, folding is +ev" in a fancier way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]