View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: A family with a history of addiction ... and me

Thanks for the honest constructive post.
Sounds like you are on the right track wiht developing some other interests. Registering on 2+2 at a similar time as you and having a similar post count lets me know how much time you spend on here. I think the big thing that affects people's perceptions of you is what they see you talking about and or doing in your spare time. Make a special effort to tone it down around them and that should help.

The other thing is your wife. I just got one of those myself and its been interesting sorting out how to make it all work. I'd higly reccomend not letting your wife see you on 2+2 all the time. Set regular hours for your playing together with her and check in regularly to make sure that some night she wouldn't rather cuddle with you and watch TV. Since your not a poker pro and your income doesnt depend on getting in hours i'd def prioritze your family.

Your wife's family's perceptions of you are gonna be pretty heavily based in stuff they hear from her. Make sure she is doing well emotionally and let her know that you also care how they think of you and that will go a long way to making sure she presents you and your activites to them in a favorable light.