View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Caesars Palace 1-2: Deep stacks, Maniacal Bettor, 66 on a K,4,3 fl

[ QUOTE ]

that's not a very indepth analyses of the times we're ahead wich isn't good since we're ahead here most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster stated that the vilan is a maniac but thinking player. That he go out of his way to make continuation play but, he also is capable of folding when the pot gets big and it is obvious he is behind.

As I said before, raising more then min does'nt acomplish anyting more then just raising min, and calling him down will cost more then the min raise to find out if we are beat, plus it will often give him 6 live overcard outs, twice, to beat us.

Those overcard outs are the big diference between calling him down whit TPTK and a small pocket pair. compare AT whit 66 on T54r flop, whit AT, he need to have KQ, KJ or KJ to have 6 outs twice. VS 66, any two 7 or above will do.

That's why I stick to TWP opinion on calling down whit TPTK but would try to whit it right there whit minimum risk whit a small pp when I got a high % of chance to be ahead but my opponenet must have redraws. Also keep in mind that our image and our perception of the vilan are crucial in this specific hand. I repeat That I don't advocate this move as a standar play, but I still think it as some value here, vs him.

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]