View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Another book question

[ QUOTE ]
The average investor is competing with literally hunderds of billions of dollars seeking seeking to buy value stocks (and all other kinds of stocks as well).

[/ QUOTE ]

Individual investors are far more nimble than large funds can ever hope to be. Individual investors can take risks that funds can't.

Don't forget, the guys running these funds also don't have crystal balls, they are just individual investors with alot more money to work with and a larger support system, which gives them the disadvantage of higher costs to do what you can do rather cheaply, with only an investment of your time.

If you can identify the same opportunites as these funds do, before or slightly after they identify them, you will be very rich very quickly by riding their buying [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
How delusional and arrogant to think could do better.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not arrogant, or delusional to think that an individual investor willing to put in the time, can and will outperform mutual fund managers... in fact, it is fairly close to a sure thing.

I personally know many long term investors that outperform the indexes, and I actively trade with many short term traders that are absolutely killing the markets!

My knowledge is based in reality, not some theoretical argument by someone who wrote a book [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]