View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Goals vs. Achievements

Too funny. Love the giant e-penis circle jerk analogy.

Never done it, never will. My "goals" are totally different than the threads to which you refer. My "goal" is to improve. I could care less what my stats are. If I succeed at my "goal," then the stats to which everyone you speak of are so enamored will also come.

You may be missing what it often apparent to those who are not involved: peer pressure. Most here are still in school, either high school or college, and not yet removed from the need for approval from peers. While they state one goal, their real goal is to get approval. It's understandable. Everyone wants approval. But approval at the expense of what should be your real goal, whatever that real goal should be, is expensive indeed.

I'm many, many years older than the average poster. I'm not immune to the need for approval, just old enough to be past caring as much. It comes with time, for those who ever learn it.

Wisdom is Mother Nature's trade for taking your hair.

Nice try, but I'll lay 4 to 1 that this thread either dies or devolves into a flamefest. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CJ