View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: How do you view astrology?

[ QUOTE ]
Heroin addiction is easier to cure because you only need to deal with the specific addictive nature that herion is laying on the person.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty naive. You do realize that most people who have done heroin tried it once or twice, then stopped, right? Yes, it's addictive, and so is oxy and opium...I've done them at parties before, then yes, there was a mild craving the day after, but I just said no, that's the start of addiction, stopped, and never had a problem with it. Same is true of heroin from what most of the people I know who've tried it have said. Addiction always requires a certain kind of ignorance.

[ QUOTE ]
You can become heroin addicted by forced injection or twists on that

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't. That doesn't even happen! Who forces people to inject heroin?

I have trouble believing that an "astrology" addiction is as bad as a heroin addiction can be, and in the most extreme cases, I'd say it's a general dependance on New Agey spirituality, but that's far from incurable. Hell, I used to be a pretty naive new ager (my astrology library would probably shock you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), but once I realized that it causes more harm than good, I decided to break from it. Anyone willing to get control of their life can do the same, and it's the same will that's needed to break a heroin addiction...except you don't need methadone for an astrology addiction [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]