View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: A6s in the BB. A few decisions requiring input.

Thanks to those who replied with some helpful advice regarding this hand. It was an interesting one for me because there were a couple of situations where I routinely struggle.

This is a flop that I routinely fold. However I think I am often folding "longshot" but potentially profitable hands when the pots are fairly large because I'm underestimating (or outright missing) some of the less obvious outs.

In this case, I overestimated estimated my outs to be approx. 4, when I fact they were closer to 2.5 or 3. So I made an ill advised call out of position.

<font color="black"> EDIT: I'm still not sold on whether this was or was not a good call. However, for the present time, I will continue to make similar plays. While this one may have been close, I'm certain there are many times when the decision to call was correct but I folded anyhow - due to missing some of the more subtle outs.

In the meantime, it may cost me a few bets while I figure this out but the alternative is that I keep missing these opportunities. So I will play the hands, review and continue to fine tune.</font>

I think the most serious mistake was not betting the river. I hung in there with a less than marginal hand only to actually have the river hit me - then allowed it to be checked around. Seems kind of silly in hindsight. I wish I could say this was the only time I've made this mistake but I know I miss these value bets too often.

Anyhow...thanks again for the input...