View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: turn decision with KK on AA board

[ QUOTE ]

The turn pairs the A. This makes me feel it is even more likely that my kings are good, but of course AK-AQ are still very real concerns. How should I handle my hand? Am I looking to check-raise hoping to get 3 BB out of smaller pocket pairs, or check-call, limiting myself to 2 (or 1!) but avoiding a 3-bet? Is a donkbet in play here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're out of a position with a hand that you should take to showdown. I'd check-call the turn, bet the river and call a raise (or fold if you don't think a player who doesn't autobet will raise with a worse hand). There are some hand that should be played passively (oh noes) when you're out of position.

I think a donkbet sucks here because a raise doesn't really tell you anything. You then have the choice of betting the river and folding to another raise, or checking the river and letting your opponent check behind with a smaller pocket pair.

I don't like check-raising because you have to fold to a 3 bet, and you can get to showdown (and see another card) for the same price. Also there's some chance your opponent will fold to your check raise, which you don't want.