View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Task and Purpose in Poker: My Pooh Bah Dissertation (long)

John - nice post.

Would you believe that I wasn't even aware that 1600 posts was the cut-off for pooh-bah?

I had a post at #1000 where I thanked the 2+2'ers for sending me on my way and helping me become a winning player.
I had post #10k where I couldn't think of anything (and didn't want to thank everybody again because that would be cheesy) where I said "Hooray. This is my 10,000th post!!" (incredibly original).

Your pooh-bah debut post is a bit more insightful than my efforts. well done.

Thanks for the acknowledgement but I think you deserve just a bit more credit than me for making it there!!

For those who don't know, John qualified for the WSOP somewhere around July 1 and then was out in Vegas just a few days later.

He played 3 of those double-shootouts on Stars and I believe made the 2nd table all 3 times so the guy already has an idea of what he's doing.

Stars is pretty handy for being able to build-up your W$ roll from fairly small amounts if that's the road you want to take.

I particularly liked his ideas that I used to employ about MTT meta-game and how one's table-image is at the table (like folding AJo after playing a lot of hands earlier).

This was something I used to do a lot more of. But thinking that much takes actual effort and it's just easier to go on auto-pilot and say 'I've got decent cards...so I play them. I've got crap cards so I don't play them.'

Is it any surprise that my tourney performance has been struggling lately?

Thanks for the reminder on what I should be doing at the tables. Hopefully gets my game on track (although I've been doing a bit better lately already).

See you at next year's WSOP hopefully!!
Welcome to pooh-bah-hood.