View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: ($6) absolute-QQ on the button

I think your flop bet was too big. I'd say that about 50%-75% of the pot would be fine; you don't want him to draw to a club that will beat you, but you also don't want him to come over the top with a reraise you can't call.

What would you have bet if you had HIT the flush? Certainly less than t360, so your bet is suspicious. While a bluff reraise is always risky, this could be a perfect time for one.

Here are the possibilities:

1. He's got no clubs. In that case, it won't take much to chase him out, and you'd love for him to stick around to feed you money.
2. He's got two clubs. Here, he's going to crucify you, and you'd really rather not give him all your chips.
3. He's got one club. If it's a high club and he's a sucker, he's sticking around until the bitter end. If he's aware of the odds, a 50% bet will chase him out. If he's a chicken or it's a low club, he might even run with a smaller bet.

All told, I think I'd be betting about t200 here. It looks less desperate so it causes fewer bluff reraises, it gets you in less trouble if he's got you beaten, and it still offers the drawing hands incorrect odds.