View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Anyone else been barred by Pacific for no reason w/out explanation???

So yesterday I get an email from Pacific saying that my account was closed for "security" reasons, due to my account sharing similar information to other accounts which were closed.

Upon calling them, a lady from an overseas callcenter pretty much repeated what the email said, telling me that she did not have access to the "confidential information" involved in why my account was closed. She then tells me that the security department who knows about my account has no phone line and I cant talk to them. I have to email them and wait for a day or two to hear back.

I emailed them last night and received an email back from them today, still with no reason for why my account was closed but saying that they would consider reinstating my account if I fax my ID, bank statement, and credit card number ending in XXXX to their overseas fax number. The problem is that I dont have a credit card, so I have no idea what they are talking about.

I dont know what is going on, but I have no access to the money in my account (which is a decent amount) and now they want me to jump through all these monkeyhoops and wont even tell me why!! And they are demanding a photocopy of a credit card which I dont even have.

Has this happened to anyone else, and is there any way to take any action against this company? They seem to think I have done something wrong, and I have heard that these sites will confiscate your winnings if you violate their rules.

Any advice would be appreciated. If you have read this far, thanks for the time and I would appreciate some ideas.