View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Do Online Players Going B&M Have a Lot of Tells?

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I guess it doesn't matter too much at the entry level. I won't worry about it.

Just out of curiousity, does anybody ever make any conscious effort when playing online to not show tells as a sort of practice for playing B&M, or to avoid developing a bad habit that might show up unconsciously when playing live?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guidelines for playing online

- Only use auto-function to fold. B&M, I always hold my cards until it's my turn to act, then I fold. No pitching motion, nothing.

- Try to take the same amount of time to act. It's easy on Paradise because the player in front of me acts, his name fades out and is replaced by his action, then his name comes back....takes about two seconds. I usually act right after this. I try to do the same thing B&M. Guy next to me acts...one...two...I act.

- Never type responses while in a hand. Was in a SNG yesterday, found myself chip leader and was bullying everyone around. Four-handed, I raised as a blind steal...and one guy typed "I have a good hand....and you have been a bully." He folded. I'm almost positive if I had said anything, he would have called. I had A7 and did not want a call. Likewise, B&M, I don't say a word when someone's fishing for a tell.

ScottieK