View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Too aggressive on BB Def? (PP 15)

Hmm, I think preflop is good, and I don't know about the flop. If your opponent is pretty predictable, meaning his raise is probably relatively legitimate (his understanding of position and steal raises being limited) and he goes to showdown too often in general (which is not necessarily as bad a mistake heads up), then you might just give up on the flop.

However, his bet looks like either a king or weak ace (I think he'd checkraise something better), a PP, or a broadway gutshot. You can beat some of those hands, and I think you want to raise the flop (planning to fold to a 3-bet).

But when the J comes on the turn, you're not beating much. I think my turn plan is to check behind no matter what, with the intention of calling a bet on the river if the turn and river are both non T,J,Q. (This is provided you don't improve, of course.)

As soon as the third broadway card hits the turn, I think you can check, with the intention of folding the river unless you spike a 6.

But I admit that I am lost on these hands as well. This is a good hand to post, and I hope I at least contributed something to think about, even though I don't really know how to play this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]