View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Value of positions in football?

[ QUOTE ]
And to put it bluntly, your suggestion about corners and safeties is just way off base. Corners can move to safety as they get older and slower, the opposite never happens. Corners are faster and more athletic, they are more responsible for the recievers, and they are more important. Also, look at how many corners go in the first round of the draft. Now look at how many safeties do. I'll help you out. In the 2005 NFL draft, five corners went in the first round against one safety. Corner is by far the more important position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, maybe there weren't any first round safeties? I have a lot to say to this, but I don't have the time now. But your draft argument proves nothing. Your chicken and egg argument, however, is quite good.

I think, being a Philly fan, you'll certainly understand my point about schemes and such with how they handled the Corey Simon situation. To them, in their scheme, he wasn't as important a piece to justify paying him what he wanted/deserved/whatever. But guys like Gates, sure, when you get one, you change the scheme.