View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: QB Help! Hasselbeck or Trent Green?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd lean towards Green and I'm a big Hawks fan. Philly is going to blitz us like crazy- and unless DJack plays, Matt's still working with WRs that just don't get that free, really limiting him. The only plus is that if Philly wraps up Alexander like they did LT, Matt will end up passing a ton.

I'm really expecting Monday's game to be ugly. Not actually competative, and the Hawks win, but it will be unsightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jurevicius should start, but might not be at 100 percent. That said, I still start Hasselbeck. Denver's got the #1 run defense in at least the AFC, and possibly the whole league, I'm not sure which. Could make it tougher to sell your play actions and screens, which is how Green gets many of his passing yards and scores. Philly will do all they can to not let Alexander beat them. Result? Hasselbeck gets time in the pocket to find his targets. Walter Jones, his all-pro left tackle, will be anxious to atone for his troublesome game against Osi Umineyora (sp?). Remember, Eli torched this Philly D at Giants Stadium. Hasselbeck's got comparable weapons.