View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: I get very upset with myself when I make a bad play ...

I know the common advice on these boards is:
1) fold 9Ts in early position
2) do not minraise
3) bet when you hit the flop

etc. etc. and those all can be characterized as mistakes according to most of the posters here. I am not debating on whether or not those are mistakes or not (because I am attempting to develop my own style of poker which is not necessarily going to be according to the dogma, ie. I was minraising alot of hands early and then trapping with big hands when I got reraised or whatever) Regardless, if those are mistakes or not - they are small mistakes $5, $10 preflop and flop. I am concerned about the $35 mistake on the turn!! Which is a clear mistake and no debate. In fact I did not think clearly when I called (inside my head I was just hoping falsely that he had AK, when I knew better).

Your suggestion about improving so you don't make any mistakes is a fallacy, because I find that I make mistakes every session, yet I still am a winning player. It makes you wonder how many mistakes losing players make.

My question is not about improving my game or what other possible mistakes I made in that hand. I was already planning to quit after that hand anyway as it was time for bed, but I wish I quit 1 lap earlier, as I made another mistake bluff in that same lap.

My question is how do I go about dealing with this mistake after it happened.