View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: spitting midhigh

(Apologies in advance for giving suggestions to a forum where I'm mainly a lurker.)

I'm all for much, much more active moderation. I think moderators should be given more leeway to delete non-productive posts, not just off-topic stuff and spam. Meta-moderation (a la Slashdot) would be great but I doubt it'll be implemented any time soon.

Posters should also clearly tag the hands they post with something like "Live 20/40" or "Party 30/60" or whatever in the subject. Great restraint should be exercised by posters in responding to crappy posts. (These responses are the kind of things I think moderators should delete.) Inexcusably bad advice and other forms of blathering should be deleted by moderators. Bad beat whines, in whatever form, should be deleted by moderators or moved to a different forum.

I suspect that the 2+2 audience has reached the point where a mid-high limit forum could be the premiere poker strategy forum anywhere, like Small Stakes was in 2003 and HUSH was in 2004. But the user base on 2+2 is too big now to just let the forums take care of themselves. I think active moderation is absolutely necessary.