View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Starting requirements for a home game

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, i am going to play a few 5-handed NLHE home tournies tonight. 1500 starting chips, blind structure v similar to PStars SNGs (20 min levels). I will be playing with 2 loose aggressives, 1 loose passive and 1 tight aggressive player. Please could you give me some ideas on what starting hands to play? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Your starting hand requirements vary greatly based on who you're in the hand with... the position...etc. First, try to figure out what each person will be willing to play with... the LAGs will be the toughest to figure out. If Player A always raises to protect his small pairs then know that you can call, then bet any big card on the flop to scare him off...etc.

KEY POINT: I would try to sit with the LAGs to your right.

STARTING HANDS: This really depends on the texture of the game. Is it a laid back fun game, or are you guys playing fairly competitively? When you're five handed I'd play pretty aggressively.

Early Position I'd open raise with any pair over 7's... any broadway...etc.

Late position: I'd limp with any suited connectors... or any A or K suited. Raise any pairs.... etc

You're going to be opening up a lot here... I'd even play any A or K to be honest....just be willing to toss your hand in if you feel you're outkicked.

Reraise the LAGs liberally when you have strong holdings... lean on the Tight passive... and respect the TAG