View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Just got pulled over while walking

[ QUOTE ]
I think what you did was commendable. As one of the other posters said, there was a long discussion of this issue about a month or so ago. At the time, I was surprised by how many people were willing to act like sheep and give up their rights to the police.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have a link to this? I'd love to read it. A phrase in the subject line of the post would be just fine too.

[ QUOTE ]

Btw...since you didn't get the police officer's badge number or his name, nothing will come of this. Because this was a "minor" infraction on the officer's part, his superiors will claim that they can't do anything without a name or a badge number. It'll be the blue wall of silence.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have the number. Adam chose not to publish it here, which I support.

[ QUOTE ]

If and when his superiors won't do anything, you can make a complaint to the police services civilian review board (I live in Ontario too). They'll be little more cooperative and helpful. A friend of mine accidentally cut off a police officer when he was pulling out onto the street. The police officer flipped out, sped around my friend and then cut him off to force a stop of my friend's vehicle. The officer then leapt from his vehicle with his gun drawn and ordered my friend to exit his vehicle. The officer was enraged at having been cut off and was totally out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ man. I know these guys occassionally do stuff right too, but this thread isn't helping. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

When my friend complained to the police, they gave him the run around and claimed that there was no evidence of wrongdoing on the officer's part (even though my friend had provided a name of an impartial witness who happened to be walking by when this went down). He filed a complaint with the civilian review board and they are now investigating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for your support and information.

--Dave.