Thread: 10/20 Q9s
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Q9s

[ QUOTE ]
Raising or calling to me are both fine. One of the reasons to raise is players start paying more attention as we move up. Raising here gives action, hopefully in a way that our opponents don't understand at all and in a little less than neutral situation. Which we can parlay into more bets later on.

Even passives can be convinced to put more bets in the pot than they normally would (especially if he hits his draw and they get pissed because he jacked it without a made hand). I was this happen twice last night against a player who was putting the screws on two different loose passives. In return, they went multiple bets on the turn against him with really crappy hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't agree. I don't like raising and I don't think it's particular close. Against what hands will we induce more action when we hit the riverby raising the turn? We have to assume these opponents have made hands since they're passive and both have been playing aggressively. 2-pair are likely as well as a set and UTG might have a completed stright. I don't think UTG will have less than 2-pair even though AJo is possible, MP2 can hold just a pair though. So by raising the turn we'll only get action from sets and 2-pair making their hand on the river, which means we're getting action from full houses, a hand we will lose to. On this coordinated board I don't think we'll any more action from 2-pairs if we raise the turn from loose passives.

I like to call the turn, keeping MP2 in the pot and get bet into when I hit the river.