View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: LC: One year ago (Stolen from STT Forum)

One year ago, I was not doing any B&M or online playing. Six months ago I opened my first online account at UB. My total investment to date has been $450.

I've been a steady low$$ MTT winner, with regular wins and final tables. I've also had several money bubbles and FT bubbles. I've been losing money in the 3-6 and 5-10 ring games. Part of that has been admittedly due to early bad play, but play in recent sessions has improved quite a bit and results have been better.

Still too much in the short run (around 5000 hands) to tell if I am a winning ring game player overall. But I feel like I am playing at a winning level after 230+ MTTs, averaging over 100% ROI.

I have experienced large BR fluctuations. My bank has been as low as almost zero and as high as $6K. In particular, back in August I was in the midst of a bad negative swing, about to visit Tap City and quit playing for a while, then I had a great tourney knocking off a 500 runner $14.5K UB MTT for a nice $3200 cash. My current bank is back down to just below $4K.

It has been an interesting, enjoyable and at times frustrating experience. It is sort of like two steps forward, one step back experience. Like Albert Einstein used to say "The more I learn, the less I know." So too for me, just when I think I'm playing better and doing some things better than I used to, I make a stupid play and realize that it's time for some humble pie and reassessment of my play.

Still not ready to take the next step to playing larger, more expensive tournaments and ring games. But hopefully that time will come with more time and effort.

I've lurked 2+2 on and off for a couple of years, but only started actively posting when I started playing regularly. I've exchanged some PM's with several 2+2'ers. Good guys all and I'm grateful for their time and input.

Good thread, enjoyed everyone else's posts.