View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: LC: One year ago (Stolen from STT Forum)

1 year ago:

I was playing $5 sngs and MTT's and $10NL on a $100 bankroll. I was just beginning to turn a small profit, playing ultra-tight ABC poker, and I left my $7/hour college job on Dec. 15th. By mid-January I had run my bankroll over $1000 and stopped looking for a new job.

I found my LAG-gear in May with the help of Adanthar sweating my constant Empire $5k guarantee final tables. My bankroll topped off in mid-August at just under $7000, fueled by $12k in MTT cashes in about 3 weeks.

Now:

I'm looking for a job once again and keeping a small $300 bankroll online. In August I was a recent college grad living the dream, but I was playing above my head and a sick downswing pretty much wiped out my bankroll before I got my ego in check and moved down in stakes.

I'm still extremely proud of what I accomplished over the last year, but I've learned a hell of a lesson in bankroll management and just how much variance there is in MTT play. Hopefully when I build my bankroll back up I handle it properly. Back to grinding it out.