View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Small edge w/ AKo?

Well, maybe it's a matter of vague description of my read of them, although I'm not sure it's the case. When I said later on they are not crazy, I meant they are not $5 rebuy MTT crazy. And in my OP I actually gave a pretty clear range, especially with regard to SB, in order for him to push here: most aces (maybe down to A5), any pair, some Kx. I think that this is very much an aggressive manic poker, without necessarily being completely crazy (for this stage of the game, when the blinds are still low), but maybe it's only semantics. It's *possible* that SB pushes with a wider range (QJ, TJ and some other random stuff, but not as often as with other hands).

I think that in order for CO to mini-raise then push, he should have a somewhat better range, aces from A9-AT to AK, pairs from say 66 and up, KQ and maybe KJ.

Obviously I should be somewhat more worried about CO's range, because I'm playing against him in both pots. I prefer him to have a worse ace than a pair, and for SB to have the pair (if at least one of them has a pair).

Now I guess we have to do some main-pot/side-pot ranges math. Anyone has the time and energy? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]