Thread: Craps
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Craps

I have taken a dice setting/precision shooting seminar in Vegas. Yes, it only lasted for the weekend, but by the end, I was throwing the dice for significantly more rolls before I would crap out. And the guys who were teaching the course definitely threw for longer periods than an average shooter. And these guys had been doing this for a living for years.

Sharpshooter has a book called Get the Edge at Craps which is one of the better books on the subject. However, you really need to learn how to do it in person. PM me if you're interested and I can pass along the info from the guys I learned from.

Because of the current "questionability" of precision shooting, a lot of craps dealers still don't believe in it. However, if you are taking too long to set the dice or throw them, you will be asked to hurry it along. This is usually just to keep the game moving though. They will also ask you to hit the back wall. To my knowledge, no one has ever been barred for setting and precision shooting dice, but there were times when we all showed up to a couple joints and we got a little heat. After all, every shooter was taking his sweet time. But it's a lot like counting cards, where part of learning is being able to do it quickly and smoothly enough that it doesn't look out of place.