View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: If I were a terrorist...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"2. Al Qaeda has historically shown a preference for "large" demonstrations of terror"

This is exactly my point- killing americans isn't the primary goal, it is simply an effective way of getting mass publicity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see your point at all. To the extent that the Patriot Act disrupts networks and cells, and helps law enforcement and intelligence prevent more large-scale terrorist acts, this is a goal we should applaud. If Patriot Act serves this goal--and that is the central point up for debate--we should continue to support it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My father has been a NYS trooper for 25 years, and scary as it is he has told me that there are guys he "knows" are gulity, but that they dont have the evidence to arrest. He told me thet the patriot act helps remedy this obvious "flaw" in the due process system.

Its ridiculous, Unconstitutional, and should be abhorred by anyone who truely believes in democracy, but the Patriot act has no doubt taken criminals off the streets. (Plus a number of innocents, but people like Despot seem to think that it is ok so long as itisnt them.)

BTW despot, I thought of a great way to keep Al Qeada from killing any more americans ever, WE should kill all the Americans first!! Terrorism drops to zero and we win the war. Booyah!

Why aren'tyou aplauding my ridiculous idea to stop terrorism, but you will the patriot act?