View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Live Long Enough to Live Forever (x-post)

"We shouldn't envy the gods. The gods envy us" - Brad Pitt(Achilles) [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Our mortality is what makes us value life, its whats makes our time precious. I don't think its that hard to see, but i have no problem going into detail on this concept later on (heading to the pub in 5 mins treasure life some more)

My only bigger fear than fearing death would be not to fear death i guess. Besides that, imo fear is to be confronted, to be embraced; not to be lived by(in this particular case an utopia, but the quest in itself is what creates the field of tension that defines all that makes life interesting). Fear of death being the grand mothership of all fears, ultimately confronting it probably will in its own way be one of the absolute highlights of my life. Never will one be thrown back more to ones absolute core of being. These are the moments im willing to live for, these are the moments im willing to die for (sorry, im getting all zen on your a.sses, i quit now mmkayy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )