Thread: Odds and Stud
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Odds and Stud

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Othmer's stud book has more odds and charts than I can stomach. Enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm....just googled that. I can't tell if it is worth getting or not. Maybe I did not look too closely on Caro's site but I did not really see what I am looking for either.

I guess all I am really after is something that would give me quick odds in chart form.

Say, I start with 2 spades in an 8 player game, 1 other spade is out - odds of hitting 3 more spades by 7th street then the odds on 4th street of hitting a flush if I did not improve, but 2 more spades show up in other people hands leaving...7 outs I think.

Maybe I'm not verbalizing it too well, but something like the hold'em charts you see listing the number of outs and the odds of hitting your hand in the remaining cards. Maybe such a chart doesn't exist.

How do you evaluate draws like straights or flushes? Maybe there is a way to easily calculate these odds on the fly...and maybe the comparison method in Stephenson's 'ratio of exposed cards' compared to a baseling value is the way to go but, not being mathematically inclined, I am having a bad initial reaction to it.

Thanks,
Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

stud is not a cut and dry game like hold em, which is what makes it an interesting game. A chart like you propose would be huge and too cumbersome to use. the basic concepts are much more important and a lot of what you need to know is right in 7CSFAP and TOP. Basically, u need to stop thinking like a hold em player here.