View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Mouse in apartment, help??

I had a mouse problem in my practice space -

I took a shoebox, tied a piece of string to a straw that barely propped it up at one end (just like the stupid Bugs Bunny cartoons) but ran the string up and inside thru a small hole in the top so if something grabbed the bait, it could be triggered from in the box.

I then tied a chicken mcnugget to the string and waited - (I noticed in the practice space it had raided my leftover mcnuggets - I don't think they ever actually spoil or mold - LOL) -

if the mouse pulled the string, it pulled the straw inwards and the box fell flat trapping the mouse...again, like Bugs.

the first time I was gone and he chewed his way out thru the top.

second time the bastard got the string untied without triggering the straw

the third time I heard him and snuck up and just pushed the box down from behind the counter though I think it would have eventually triggered. I took the shoebox lid, slid it under, and opened it up outside and nearly had a stroke.

I had caught THREE mice, not one - guess they like chicken mcnuggets [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

behind my band's practice space is an African food market - I figured the little bastards came from there so I released them in the field we share and hoped they went for warmer pastures.

nice and humane. And DON'T tell me you're too big of a pussy to hold a box with a mouse in it...phuleese -

RB