View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: A way to end the Barron hubbub - A request to El Diablo

Hi phish:

I disagree with you here. Let me talk hypothetically. That is I won't address anything apecific written by any specific author.

If you go to your favorite cardroom and pick up (perhaps) your favorite magazine and read something stupid, there's no recourse. I guess you could send a letter to the editor but it's doubtful that it would ever be published.

On our Internet magazine, that's not the case. If an author gets an article published, and it just happens to be flawed, even if the flaw is a small one, he'll hear about it from our posters. That's part of our policy of holding our writers to a higher standard.

Now put your feet in the writer's shoes. Even though virtually all writers believe that what they write is quite good, they all know that when we put their article up, they may have to address issues they never even thought of.

As you can see, it's not as easy as it appears for someone to have an article published in our Two Plus Two Internet Magazine. So in that sense, it's probably best to take it easy, but not to easy, on our writers when you just happen to think they have presented a misconception.

By the way, none of this applies to anything that Ray Zee writes.

Best wishes,
Mason